Salon Perfect, Kaboom and Shocked.

I've got two of the new Neon Collision polishes from Salon Perfect.

Kaboom. 3 coats.

Shocked. 3 coats.
On a trip to my local Walmart I got super lucky and found an enormous cardboard display the size of a SmartCar full of these Salon Perfect polishes. Because it is so rare to find a full collection/display at my particular Walmart, I went ahead and bought all 6. For me that's really not that crazy because I love matte glitter. Plus, the price point is excellent; $3.99 ea. However, I did post a picture as I was standing in the checkout line stating I needed an intervention. Soon after that I put myself on a No-Buy. No polish purchases until July 12th. Then, I will reward myself... Hee Hee Hee.

The formula on these is tricky. Let's start with Kaboom; an awesome mix of blue and lime green matte glitters. This resembles a popular indie we all know and love called 'Floam'. It's probably the Holy Grail of polish. I don't own it but I own some of the other's in the collection and the formula on them is excellent. Kaboom was not a good formula for me. It was really thick, sticky, and gooey. I had to dab it on. However, I still loved the effect. Then, it chipped after a day and half. Not so great. In fact it didn't just chip, it came off in huge hunks as well as the entire paint job popping off 3 of my nails (I posted a photo on my Facebook Page). I had used a base coat (Glisten & Glow Stuck on Blu!) that I suspected wasn't working with my chemistry. Had I used top coat it may have lasted longer as well.

Shocked is a mix of blue and pink matte glitters; heavy on the pink. It had a better formula and I was able to use thinner coats and only did a little dabbing here and there to fill in bare spots. This one lasted two and a half days with significant chipping, but none of the nails popped off the entire nail. I also had a harder time removing it. I used Seche Clear as my base coat for this one. I didn't use top coat on Shocked either (I like the textured effect). It held up better but it's obvious that these don't have much longevity when used alone and built up on the nail. None-the-less, I am really digging the effect and I will definitely be using these for layering over base colors in the future.

It took me a long time to find out if Salon Perfect was cruelty free but after some investigation I discovered that Salon Perfect Nail Polish is made by the same manufacturer as China Glaze. I also sent them an email and received the following prompt response:


Dear Kelly,

Thank you for contacting us. We are happy to assist you today.

We appreciate your interest in Salon Perfect.  Please see below for the information you have requested.


Do you test your products on animals?

No. We only used ingredients that are not tested on animals following EU regulation on animal testing and other countries. As you know, majority of our products are sold in EU, while an EU- wide ban on marketing of animal – tested cosmetics, and for us it’s vital to follow the regulation following the ban on sale of animal- tested cosmetics, mandatory effective this year.

Do you use any products from 3rd party suppliers that test on animals?

No. We do not conduct or condone animal testing on our products.

What is your stance towards animal testing?

While many progressive and principled companies are sticking to their non-animal testing policies, AII, comply with the Humane Standards but we do not advertise our products with animal testing cruel-free and or the leaping bunny.

Do you have a cruelty free policy? No.  It’s unnecessary and outdated practice.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again.


Have a great day!

Mala Ear
Consumer Relations
American International Industries
2220 Gaspar Ave.
Los Angeles, CA. 90040


You can visit their website at http://www.salonperfect.com/. They are also on most of the popular Social Media sites; when visiting their website simply look to the bottom right hand corner and you will find links to all their Social Media sites. Salon Perfect is only available at Walmart.

(P.S.) Since I hate not having the tips of my nails wrapped, I used a coordinating colored polish to quickly cover the free edge of my nail before applying these matte glitters.


Comments

  1. I think your nail pictures are beautiful. I wish I would have picked up the blue polish. I have the pink and it is very fun and cheery. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m a kind of confused here. So Salon Perfect is cruelty-free but they do not have a cruelty-free policy? Nor do they advertise with Leaping Bunny or No Animal testing cruelty-free. Will someone set me crystal clear on this one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As of 2013 (the date of my post) they were following the requirements of the EU’s no-animal testing policy. They were not certified by Leaping Bunny of any other organization. This might have changed since then. I would recommend reaching out to them directly as I did.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Life can be difficult to keep up with... But, I do enjoy your comments. If I don't respond to your comment just know I appreciate you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts...

Popular posts from this blog

China Glaze, Red Satin.

Review: Cover FX BB Gel, Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment.