China Glaze, Riveting. (Happy Halloween!)

China Glaze, Riveting. 2 coats.




Happy Halloween y'all! There's one color that rules the day that I have yet to wear this month so here it is: Orange! I believe this to be the best orange polish to come out this year. It's from the Hunger Games, Capitol Colors collection that China Glaze released earlier this summer. Did this collection seem more fall than summer or what?!? I didn't purchase too many of the polishes from this particular collection; to be honest it was pretty boring for a summer release but I love orange and this was the clear winner from that collection. It is a very bright and true orange that is packed with orange and gold shimmer. Absolutely stunning; it glows from within and goes on super smooth. The 1st coat was a little sheer but the 2nd coat made is pretty opaque. I do see a little bit of visible nail line but nothing that bothers me. I did experience longer than usual drying time but it's worth it. I topped it off with a coat of Seche Vite.

I had to trim my nails down to nubbins due to a break, but I think this looks cute on my shorties. My mother did tell me she didn't like it though... (WHATEVER, MOM!)... LOL!

Speaking of my mother... She actually interrupted this manicure. When I was just about to apply my 2nd coat she called me. She tells me (on Monday) that she got whacked in the head by a falling tree branch on Thursday. She tells me she has a bruise from above her temple to below her eye, her vision is worse than usual, she's having trouble speaking, and has had migraines on and off. We were on the phone so she couldn't she my mouth hanging open or the fact that my eyes were about to fall out of my head. Once I was able to speak I explained (very calmly) that she needed to go to the doctor. Of course she tries to back peddle because she hasn't gone to a doctor in over 30 years against my requests. She's 70 years old and should be ashamed of herself; I tell her this all the time but I'm her kid so in her mind I don't know what I'm talking about. I kept pushing; explaining that getting hit in the head is very serious and she needs to go in and be seen by a doctor. She tells me she will call Kaiser. We hang up. 10 minutes later she calls me back; Kaiser wants her in Urgent Care in 30 minutes to 2 Hours.

I ended up spending the remainder of the day at Kaiser with her. They had us all over that hospital. There were mixed results; seems that the whack to the head wasn't the most pressing of matters. When they took her blood pressure it was 252/180. The nurses jumped! All of a sudden the entire triage area came alive. When they asked my mother about it she nonchalantly replied that she's had high blood pressure for years. Turns out my mom has been taking her own blood pressure at home (my father has a long, long history of high blood pressure; he is on meds and regularly takes his own readings at home) and had readings in the 200's and never said a thing to anyone! She has never taken any medication for it or anything. Did you know that a reading in the 200's is a sign of a stroke??? Apparently, my mother thought it was normal. After the initial shock wore off the medical staff got things handled and after lots of running around my mother was released at 9:30pm with medication, and lots of follow-up appointments including Cataract Surgery. I honestly believe this was God's way of getting her a$$ to the doctor. Thank you, Lord.

My apologies for the long story if you were bored by it and/or you are atheist. No Judgement! :-)

Moving on to more Halloween related news... I found out that Nikki & Penny won Jackboy's Dog Bakery's Costume Contest! Whooo Hooo! We get a $100 bakery credit and a Doggy Shampoo & Conditioner Set! The credit will come in handy for Nikki's birthday next month (Nov. 19th)... She's turning the BIG 5!!! I'm going to have a birthday party for her... Still trying to figure out What/When/Where logistics.

I'm also attending a Halloween Blog Party over at Addicted To OPI-yum today! You should join us! Just click HERE!

Oh, and I wanted to show you the Tee I wear every Halloween: It's not very stylish and I'm breaking the What Not To Wear rules but kids love it and it's a nod to my family and husband!  


I hope you all have a Happy Halloween!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salon Perfect, Kaboom and Shocked.

China Glaze, Red Satin.

Review: Cover FX BB Gel, Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment.