My 1st Spam Post!

I did 3 different nail looks for Jordana's Halloween Contest. Check them out:


I'd say this is my kind of nail art... but I'm sure some would say this isn't art at all. Well, I'm not an 'artist' so this is the closest I can get to free hand art; a Jelly Sandwich (or 'Sammich' if you prefer). I don't know if they would accept stamping since it has to be your own design so I didn't go there.

This Jelly Sandwich consists of 1 coat of Jordana's 955 Wicked, a sheer black jelly base with metallic orange micro glitter throughout. I then cracked open my Naild'It Custom Polish, Duck Call. Duck Call was made to satisfy my need for an Anaheim Ducks themed glitter bomb. Sadly, the NHL has suspended the season for the time being. So, heck with it, I'm using this glitter bomb for Halloween! I applied one coat (yes, all that glitter is just one medium coat, pure awesomeness) of Duck Call and then finished with one more coat of Wicked to finish my sammie. To smooth things out and to give it a nice glossy finish I added a coat of Seche Vite.   


Here is a simple and super easy gradient I did using Jordana's 955 Wicked and Sinful Colors, Black On Black. 1 coat of Black On Black. I then applied a small amount of Wicked to the very tips of my nails and gave it a little time to dry. I then added a little more Wicked starting a little further down my nail. I used a random application to give it a varied appearance. Topped it all off with Seche Vite... and Viola!


Now, for a mystical interpretation of Halloween... Think Witches, Gypsy's, and the like. I started with 2 coats of Jordana's 979 Hypnotizing, a creamy muted red-toned purple. I then added a coat of Essie's Carnival, a silver holo glitter; It's one I've had for quite some time. To finish my disaster... er, I mean art, I added some Stars from Kiss' Halloween Nail Decals. I really wanted to use a Glow-In-The-Dark polish instead of the glitter but in my test run on my nail wheel I couldn't get the glow to show up over this color. I think you need to use it over a lighter color to get the glow to pop. Oh, well... the best laid plans right???

I was in a rush to get these done because I was running out of daylight and time, but you still have until 11:59pm PST on Oct. 29th to get your entries in. Click HERE to learn more about Jordana's Halloween Contest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salon Perfect, Kaboom and Shocked.

China Glaze, Red Satin.

Review: Cover FX BB Gel, Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment.