Revlon, Sparkle Aplenty.

Revlon, Sparkle Aplenty. 2 coats.




If Revlon releases a polish like this every fall they will make me a very happy girl. I love these. Especially the fact that they put matte white hexagons in this one!!! Wow, Revlon, you are stepping out of the mainstream and I like it! Sparkle Aplenty is a black jelly base with 3 different colors of hexagons: Black, Silver, and White. It also contains a good helping of small silver glitter.

Formula wasn't bad for a chunky glitter. I didn't need to do anything tricky, just my typical application. If I got a spot with a little too much glitter piled up, I would just go over that spot again quickly to thin it out. Of course the consistency is thick in order to suspend the glitter in the base, but you get plenty of glitter payoff. The black base builds up nicely in 2 coats. You could also opt to layer it over a base color. It took a while to dry being a thicker consistency and required 3 coats of Seche Vite to smooth out the surface. Good thing Seche Vite dries quick.

While this isn't something I would want to wear often, I think it's perfect for this time of year and I love the effect of the glitter swimming in the murky black base. Last year I was loving Facets of Fuchsia, Revlon's purple version of this type of polish. Check out my photo HERE. I wasn't too crazy about the light pink one but I saw it on a lot of blogs and I know it was a huge hit as well.

As we get closer to the witching hour (I'm talking about Halloween) I'm getting the urge to do some Halloween stamping. Are you enjoying Halloween manis as much as I am?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salon Perfect, Kaboom and Shocked.

China Glaze, Red Satin.

Review: Cover FX BB Gel, Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment.