Stamping with Sinful Colors, Black On Black

Stamping with Sinful Colors, Black On Black

Bundle Monster Plate 323

Base Color: Jessica, Smoky Feather

Full Sun
 More after the jump...


Shade


Full Sun - Different Angle
I just hosted a Courvoisier® Gold House Party of Style where my friends, family, and I had the opportunity to try a new spirit called Courvoisier Rose; It's a blend of Cognac and Red Wine. We were also going to try the Courvoisier Gold but I couldn't find it stocked anywhere remotely near me. The Courvoisier Gold is a blend of Cognac and Moscato Wine. I was really hoping to try the Gold because I love Moscato; so, hopefully, they will release it in my area soon.

I don't know if you are familiar with HouseParty but it's a new way for companies to get their products into the hands of consumers (unconventional marketing; similar to cosmetic companies sending products to bloggers for review). It's also a great excuse to have a party and get free stuff. I've hosted two different parties and have gone to a few my friends have hosted. Whenever you are selected to host a party you are sent a Party Pack that contains goodies to help you host your party; in my Courvoisier Party Pack one of the items they sent me was a Vase. Since I love Halloween and had already decked my home out in Halloween Decor, I figured I would go with a Spooky Style theme for the HouseParty. I filled my Vase with black roses; had my sterling silver candelabra set on the table and used creepy cloth as my table cloth. It was eerie yet elegant. It gave me a great idea for a manicure.

I started with Jessica, Smoky Feather, a metallic that consists of a mix of gold, silver, and pewter. Once my base color was sealed with a coat of Seche Vite and was completely dry, I then used the Rose Pattern on Bundle Monster plate BM-323 to stamp on black roses. This would have turned out much better had I used a black stamping polish; unfortunately, I have yet to purchase any. Sinful Colors, Black On Black worked better than the other black polishes I own, but I can still see some transparency. I have heard that Wet n Wild, Black Creme is a good stamping polish but it wasn't available when I swung by the drugstore.

Even though Sinful Colors, Black On Black wasn't 'perfect' for stamping, I absolutely love the way this came out. A good cross between the darkness of Halloween and elegance. I will do this mani again with a better stamping polish next year.

You can check out HouseParty HERE to see what it's all about. You can sign up for FREE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salon Perfect, Kaboom and Shocked.

China Glaze, Red Satin.

Review: Cover FX BB Gel, Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment.