NYX Girls, Mushroom Glitter.

NYX Girls, Mushroom Glitter. 3 coats.

Sunlight.
 
Gloomy Weather.

I recently bought a few NYX Girls' polishes in hopes that I might find a dupe to Essie's Beyond Cozy. When you perform a Google Image Search you end up with an endless array of swatch photos for Beyond Cozy. I decided to try Mushroom Glitter first to see how it measured up.

The formula on Mushroom Glitter is very easy to work with and you get a good amount of glitter on your first coat. It took 3 coats to build up to opacity. There are times when I notice a little visible nail line, but it's nothing to be concerned about. Because the formula is nice and thin, each coat dried quickly. I also noticed that the glitter used is not your typical gritty glitter, but a thin foil like glitter. You can also work with this formula a little bit to get an even spread of glitter without causing dragging. After 3 coats the finished result was very smooth and you could either omit top coat or just apply 1 coat to seal your manicure. I actually added a layer of Gelous Gel Coat because I love how it adds strength to my nails. I then added a coat of Seche Vite for a glossy finish.

In comparison to Beyond Cozy they appear to be very similar but not quite dupes because it seems as though Beyond Cozy may have a combination of gold and silver glitter (although, to be honest, I can't see it in any of the swatch photos I looked at). Mushroom Glitter is actually a warm toned silver glitter; possibly a light champagne. It adjusts depending on the light. I also layered it over a few different colors on a nail wheel and it looks lovely as a topper as well. In the photo below I have one coat of Mushroom Glitter over: 1. China Glaze, Swanky Silk, 2. ManGlaze, Fuggen Ugly, 3. Bettina, Mojito, 4. Barielle, Jordana's Skinny Jeans. In the reviews of Beyond Cozy it is mentioned that it has a gritty finish and eats top coat. In reviewing the pros and cons of each, I am happy to say that Mushroom Glitter has satisfied my need for Beyond Cozy.


Indoors.

Outdoor, Gloomy Weather.

Outdoor, Sunlight.
 NYX Girls is an inexpensive, cruelty-free nail polish that you can find on various sites online. You can also find them in Cinderella stores which is where I picked mine up. I especially love that the bottles have PETA's bunny logo on them. I tried to find a website for the Cinderella Stores but I'm not seeing anything. Here's the Google+ Page of the one I went to.

Essie is owned by L'Oreal; L'Oreal conducts Animal Testing. Essie has not made an official statement in regards to animal testing since being purchased by L'Oreal. When you email Essie through their website you get a canned response from L'Oreal that pretty much sums up that they do test on animals.

Do you think NYX Girls' Mushroom Glitter is a good substitute for Essie's Beyond Cozy?

This blurry indoor shot shows how sparkly Mushroom Glitter is.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salon Perfect, Kaboom and Shocked.

China Glaze, Red Satin.

Review: Cover FX BB Gel, Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment.