This is Class-in-a-Bottle! It's elegant, neutral, and very work appropriate. It's a creamy putty color that falls right between taupe and grey. The formula was excellent; it couldn't be any better. While I typically don't care for OPI's wide brushes I'm getting a better feel for them and this was a pleasure to apply. No issues with dragging or streaking. The 1st coat went on pretty opaque with just a few sheer spots so I added a 2nd coat for full opacity. The formula is thin but not runny so it's easy to apply thin coats. It dried to a nice glossy finish but I applied a coat of Seche Vite for staying power. My Seche Vite is thickening up so it gave me some bubbling; time to thin it out. But, the polish didn't bubble at all.
Today I am at Dress Rehearsal for H&R Block; it's an opportunity for us to refresh ourselves on office procedure and to show any new associates the ropes. I thought this color would be perfect for my 1st day back. H&R Block will officially be open on Monday, January 7th so I won't be here as often as I would like. I'm working 40 hour weeks this season and will probably have quite a lot of overtime during our peak times. I will continue posting because even in the most hectic of times I like to keep my nails polished. However, I will probably keep my manicures on for longer periods of time due to time constraints. Tax Season ends mid April so I will be back to my regular schedule then.
I was also honored to find I have been nominated for the Liebster Award! I would see all kinds of posts on this and wondered if I would ever get a nom... And now I have! Yay! I feel better now. :-)
A big thank you to Color Me So Crazy for the nomination.
The Liebster Award is given to blogs and bloggers that have fewer than 200 followers and are deserving of recognition and encouragement. There are four rules I must complete in order to finalize my Liebster Award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about them.
2. Then you must answer the questions that the nominator sent you, plus create 11 new questions for bloggers you nominate.
3. Choose 11 people and link their blogs in yours.
4. Go to their page and let them know you nominated them!
11 Things About Me:
1. I'm a Tax Professional at H&R Block (Duh).
2. I'm 25% German (from my father's side). Yes, I bought the entire OPI Germany Collection because of it too. ;-)
3. One of my other hobbies is Dog Psychology and Training. Cesar Millan is my hero.
4. I never liked movies until I met my husband.
5. I never rode an ATC or any other off-road vehicle until I met my husband.
6. My dream car was a 2002 Pontiac Firebird. I saved up for 2 years to buy it. I had to get rid of it a few years ago but I loved having it. I was even in a car club.
7. I would love to post swatches of other types of cosmetics but I have terrible skin (acne and acne scars) so I'm very hesitant.
8. I come off very shy initially but I get very loud when I'm having a good time.
9. I could drink Pepsi Max all day long. But, I don't cause it's bad for me.
10. After New Years Eve, I didn't shower for 3 whole days. LOL
11. I love me some alcohol. ;-)
Questions from Color Me So Crazy:
1. How long have you been blogging?
Since June of 2012. Prior to that I just had my Facebook Fan Page where I posted my manis and whatnot.
2. What's your favorite color combination?
I really don't have one; my favorites change with my moods all the time. Some classic combos are Red/Gold, Blue/Silver, and I love to mix metallics. Sometimes the best combos are ones you stumble upon. ;-)
3. Do you have children?
No, Unless you count my fuzzy ones.
4. What's your favorite beauty product and why?
Right now I am loving Too Faced's Tinted Beauty Balm; It's everything you need in one easy step.
5. Are you a city or county girl?
Both. I go back and forth constantly. Variety is the spice of life.
6. Do you have any pets?
Yuuuuup! 2 dogs, a cat, and a husband. Bwa Ha Ha!
Dog #1 is Nikki, a white Maltepoo (Maltese/Poodle Mix). She is 5 years old, an AKC Canine Good Citizen, and a Certified Therapy Dog through Therapy Dogs International.
Dog #2 is Penny, a light tan Lhasa-Shih-Poo (Lhasa Apso/Shih tzu/Poodle Mix). She is 3 years old and an AKC Canine Good Citizen.
The Cat, Squeekie, is a medium-hair Tuxedo (Black with White Markings). She's about 9 years old and holds our couch down.
My husband, Burt, is a Bull in a China Shop. ;-)
7. Who is your favorite sports team?
Anaheim, Ducks (NHL)
8. Tell us your all time favorite movie?
Gah! You got me there... Too many to choose from. My top faves are Grandma's Boy, Employee of the Month, Disney's The Lion King, Ice Age, Madagascar, Clueless, Sex And The City, Zombie Land, Underworld, Jurassic Park, Resident Evil, and I'm sure I'm missing a few. Doesn't even include my holiday favorites.
9. What is your favorite social media platform?
Good grief. I hate them all, but only because my computer is really sucky. This tax season I'm saving up to buy a new one.
10. What is your favorite food?
All of it. Or can I say Liquid Lunch? Probably mexican would be right at the top but I love a good steak, crab legs, and In-N-Out Burger. Cracker Barrel rocks my world but there aren't any here in California.
11. Are you a team player?
When I need to be, otherwise I prefer to work alone.
My 11 Questions for my Nominees:
1. What was the very first polish you posted on your blog?
2. What inspired you to start a blog?
3. What is your favorite polish?
4. What is your favorite type of Nail Art?
5. What is one thing you would like to improve on?
6. Do you have any tattoos?
7. What is the most 'Extreme' thing you have ever done?
8. Are you a good dancer?
9. What is your favorite beauty product and why?
10. Do you prefer to go out or stay in?
11. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
My 11 Nominees:
1. The Talon Trap
2. Addicted to OPI-yum
3. Skeeter Style
4. Polished and Glittered
5. Racho's Nail Love
6. Faithfully Polished
7. Just Skin, Bones, and Nails
8. Ask The Beauty Editor
9. ...And then there was polish
11. nails apART
I'm very excited to have been nominated and I hope all these lovely ladies are too! I will be notifying them of their nominations over the next couple of days as I find time. If you happen to see your blog listed here but I haven't contacted you yet, don't worry, I'm on my way... ;-)