CND Shellac: My Wear Test

I rocked my Hotski to Tchotchke mani for a full 10 days before I decided I needed to change my nails for Easter. I had the perfect Easter color so it just HAD to be done. ;-)

Still, 10 days for an overworked Tax Pro is excellent. There's no doubt in my mind that it would have held up for the full 14 days as promised.

Here are a few photos to show you the minor wear my nails experienced:




Of course we have tip wear, and a day or two before I took these photos I noticed the tip wear was starting to bleed over the edges. But, nothing too serious. I've heard stories of people experiencing peeling at the cuticle edge but I didn't experience that at all. In fact, it stayed very smooth and I never noticed a ridge that would have made me start picking at it. The manicure stayed super shiny and durable; no surface scratches or dulling. I was using the CND Cuticle Eraser, which is an A.H.A. Cuticle Treatment, while wearing my Shellac mani and it did a great job of keeping my cuticles hydrated and in check. My nails were even able to grow out more than usual because I wasn't concerned about breaking a nail.

To remove Shellac I used the foil method for 25 min. I soaked a cotton ball in Zoya's Remove + and then sealed it to my nail with aluminum foil. I think I will be purchasing 100% Acetone for this in the future since I had some residue left on my nail; the Remove + might not be the right formula to use with Shellac.

The final verdict is in: I love CND Shellac! Of course, I won't use it all of the time because I love being able to paint my nails. However, when I know I won't have time to do my nails as often I will rest assured knowing I have CND Shellac to come to the rescue. A great manicure for a vacation or for a heavy work or school load.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salon Perfect, Kaboom and Shocked.

China Glaze, Red Satin.

Review: Cover FX BB Gel, Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment.