Hard Candy, Pixie Pink.

Hard Candy, Pixie Pink. 2 coats.


 I finally got my hands on the Hard Candy Sprinkles! Yay! I wasn't having any luck finding them locally but when the hubby and I went to Needles, AZ for a wedding we stopped at the Wal-Mart in Bull Head City and I found these stocked there! I did a little happy dance right there in Wal-Mart; which by the way is a pretty awesome Super Wal-Mart that is very clean.


Pixie Pink is one of the ones I picked up. I also got Sweet Tooth, Pink Taffy, and Cocoa Smore. Cocoa Smore is the one I really wanted but for some reason Pixie Pink called to me when I decided to do my nails this time around. It's a pale pink/lavender base with small hex glitter in teal, silver, and light pink. It's very squishy looking and you could call this a Jelly Sandwich in a bottle - I'm pretty sure you could call all of them that.

Formula was pretty good; it was easy to apply and the brush is nice too. My first coat went on easily but a little sheer, however, the second coat made it pretty opaque. It's definitely a thick consistency in order to keep the glitter suspended in the base and to keep it from sinking to the bottom. Slow application will ensure a clean line at the cuticle. I usually hate the formula of these types of polishes but I think a lot of companies have fine tuned their formulas because lately I haven't had any problems. I finished this mani off with a coat of Gelous and Seche Vite... I grabbed the right bottle this time. :-)


My Tuxedo Cat, Squeekie, joined me outside while I took my photos.
 So, I mentioned back in April that I had some exciting news... I have decided to buy a new computer! YAY! Not just any computer either; after 20 years of using PCs I have decided to go Apple. I have had it with PCs. My current computer is a Dell I purchased 5 years ago for $1500. It only gave me 1.5 - 2 years of good performance; after that it went downhill and fast. I've been struggling with it for a long time because money was too tight to get a new one. I had an excellent tax season with H&R Block and received a considerable - More than considerable - commission check. So, I made the decision that I was going Apple. I have done my homework; been to the Start Up Class Apple offers, and have picked the brains of my friends and family who own Apples. What does that mean? I can do more with my blog and social media which is exciting; right now it takes me far too long to type up these posts with my slow and glitchy Dell. It has made blogging a bit of a chore.

I also have been toying with the idea of going back to school to get a Bachelors Degree in Accounting. It would make it possible for me to work with the IRS or even the FBI - which totally blows my mind! I started my work with H&R Block to possibly go into Financial Counseling but have found that I really enjoy the problem solving aspect of Tax Audits. I also see how much fraud is involved in the Earned Income Credit and more than anything I find myself having to be the bad guy... but I'm good at it! What could easily turn into a bad situation I am able to turn it around and still have a positive experience with the client. I also have to admit that the idea of telling people I work with the FBI would be bad ass; like seriously, who would start with me?!? LMAO!!! If anyone out there has any advice for me as far as a good online school, or options for financial aid it would be much appreciated. I'm going to start CLEP testing to see if I can get my Associates out of the way.

Ok, so there's my excitement for the year... I'm also doing the American Cancer Society's Bark For Life again this year. If you are in the Inland Empire in Southern California it would be awesome to have you come out and join us! If you are not in the area or cannot make it perhaps you could consider making a donation to help the ACS continue their work against Cancer. I will also be doing my 7 Days of Purple starting on Monday for Cancer Awareness and Prevention.


100% of the proceeds goes to the American Cancer Society.



You can help me reach my Fundraising Goal of $100 by donating using this secure website:

I have a Facebook Page too!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salon Perfect, Kaboom and Shocked.

China Glaze, Red Satin.

Review: Cover FX BB Gel, Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment.