Saturday, May 4, 2013

Lynnderella, Connect the Dots.

Reactions: 
Lynnderella, Connect the Dots. 1 coat over:

Barielle, Sweet Addiction & Cosmic Kiss.


 Did I really just post a Lynnderella?!? I did! I did!

I bought this sooo long ago (back before it was a chore to purchase) and then the drama hit and it left me with a bad taste in my mouth. If you don't know about the drama that ensued; just do a little digging and you will quickly find it - along with a lot of opinions. Me, I'm gonna keep my opinion to myself. While, you won't see me buying any more Lynnderella creations I did buy some back in the Early Indie years (not that long ago; I'm just being silly) and I've since used the other two I bought but this one was waiting... waiting for the right moment. That moment is now.

Whenever I do an accent nail I feel I need something to pull it together; in my last post I mentioned this color combo reminded me of the 90's.... Well, now it's even more 90's... add a little black and white and it looks like the patterned shorts/shirt/skort you rocked back then. Girl, you know it's true. (That's a Milli Vanilli reference right there)

Connect the Dots was one of the first (possibly the first) black and white glitter polish that caused a landslide of similar glitter polishes to be made and sold like wildfire. Is it really all that great? Yeah, it really is. This polish is loaded with glitter; you get plenty of of varying black and white glitters with no need to fish for them. I used one thin coat for all of my nails. I especially love the shimmery base the glitter is suspended in; it's not thick or goopey at all. It was very easy to apply and dried very quickly. I then encased it in a coat of Gelous and then Seche Vite. It was a little bumpy, but not as gritty as some others.

I don't exactly know where Lynnderella is selling her lacquers but the last I heard she was on eBay. I don't even know if she still sells Connect the Dots either. There are tons of different variations out there; the most well known being Ninja Polish's version called Sticks n' Stones. Look around; you might find another one you like even better.  

I also wanted to give you a heads up on a new Barielle Sweepstakes starting Sunday, May 5th through Monday, May 27th. You can enter to win one of 10 Mani-Pedi Spa Kits. These kits consist of:

Your choice of One 5 Pack Nail Color Set (Retail $25.00)
1 - Nail Rebuilding Protein Base Coat (Retail $17.50)
1 - Nail Strengthener Cream (Retail $17.00)
1-  No Chip Speed Dry Topcoat (Retail $12.50)
1 - Total Foot Care Cream 2.5 oz. (Retail $12.00)
1 - Professional Protective Hand Cream 2.5 oz. (Retail $8.00)
Total Retail Value of $92.00!

There will also be One Grand Prize Winner who will receive a Mani-Pedi Spa Kit and a Michael Kors Wallet. The Wallet has a Retail Value of over $100.00. I can't wait to see what it looks like!

Be sure to 'Like' the Barielle Fan Page on Facebook so you know the moment they start the sweeps... and Good Luck!

2 comments:

  1. OMG Milli Vanilli Hahaha that is a blast from the past. Nice Lynn there Kelly! The polish that started it all! If you were going to have one Lynn, that is a good one to own.

    The Hard Candy black tie optional is a great dupe for this. CTD looks really good over your teal and pink. You nailed it Kelly, this would have matched my skort set perfectly ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Don't worry, I am fairly certain I had more than a few pieces like this too!

      Thanks for the compliment and for stopping by! ;-)

      Delete

Life can be difficult to keep up with... But, I do enjoy your comments. If I don't respond to your comment just know I appreciate you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10