Celebrating 40 years with Miguel's Jr.!

Index & Middle: Duri, Cognac XO. 2 coats.

Ring & Pinkie: China Glaze, Solar Powered. 3 coats.

Stamping done with Bundle Monster Plate BM-301 and Konad Special Polish in Green.



Here in Corona, CA (Inland Empire, Southern California) we have a Mexican Restaurant that started as  a hole-in-the wall local favorite and pretty soon grew to be a very well known Mexican fast food chain here in SoCal. It holds particular importance to me because I remember frequently going there with my best friend and her family back when we were teenagers. Back then it was in a building that was very unassuming and set back from the main street. The prices were low and the food was hearty. These days there is now a very fancy building, custom made, that houses Miguel's Restaurant. There are several Miguel's Jr.'s throughout SoCal and many more are in demand by their fans. I don't go to the restaurant much anymore (although, I was just there yesterday for $4 Margaritas & Anniversary Nachos) but I frequent the Miguel's Jr. close to my house. I love their hot sauce! I also love their BRC's (Bean Rice & Cheese Burrito). Yesterday they celebrated 40 years in Corona and of course I had to join in!




Duri, Cognac XO is my new replacement for Essie, Very Structured. THIS is what I was hoping Very Structured would be like on the nail. I love this color; it's like a brick red mixed with a burnt orange and it is so rich looking. The formula is great too; the consistency is perfect and very easy to apply. I also love their brush, it's a wide flat tipped brush that fans over the nail nicely. I look forward to wearing this again.

China Glaze, Solar Power is a shimmery yellow. Out of the yellows I have tried I like this one the best. It still required 3 coats and it is streaky like typical yellows, but I found it dried pretty quickly and I love the shimmer in it. There's just something about yellow that cheers me up instantly. The consistency was a little thin but I will take that over a thick yellow any day.

This photo shows the colors without top coat or stamping yet.
I finished off my nails by stamping a design from Bundle Monster Plate BM-301 on my ring and pinkie nails. I used Konad Special Nail Polish in Green. I have been trying to find out if Konad is cruelty free but I'm having trouble verifying it. When I google it I get conflicting information. I saw a post on the Konad discussion boards where someone who appeared to be a Konad employee said they did not test on animals. I sent a message requesting confirmation that they don't test nor do they use materials from other sources that test on animals but I never received a response. So, for the time being I will be using Konad products. I added a coat of Seche Vite to all my nails.


My inspiration
Penny says: Xcuse me!!! I need moar hawt sauz...
Yes, it took the anniversary of a food joint to get me to do some more stamping!!! Yay!!! If you are curious about Miguel's Jr. you can find them on Facebook. Does food inspire you as well???


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salon Perfect, Kaboom and Shocked.

China Glaze, Red Satin.

Review: Cover FX BB Gel, Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment.