CND Vinylux, Daring Escape (Birthday Nails).

It's Tax Season so that means it's time for durable nail color. I love using my CND Shellac System during tax season because I'm short on time for manicures yet I still need nails that look and function great. Last year CND introduced Vinylux; a non-gel polish that lasts up to 14 days with no curing LED or UV lamp needed. You start with a completely clean nail and apply two coats of Vinylux color and then top with the CND Vinylux Top Coat. No base coat. I've been dying to try it.



Daring Escape is a medium dusty blue with a hint of green. It has a very dense white shimmer. It's insanely pretty. It also makes my nails look longer and wider; I like that. The formula was incredibly smooth and easy to work with. I prepped my nails by wiping them down with white vinegar (less harsh than remover but still removes all the oil from the nail bed). I got a nice clean line right up to my cuticle with hardly any clean up. The first coat went on a bit streaky (I over worked the polish the first time around) but the 2nd made it totally opaque. Dry time was also good. Then I topped it with one coat of the Vinylux Top Coat.



If you are not a fan of the thicker gel nails then you will like that Vinylux requires less layers and therefore does not give you a really thick coating on your nails. I do notice my nails' ridges with this though. I also had tip wear after only a day; it's not extreme but it is there. The other thing I noticed is that the top coat is kind of thin and not as high gloss as the Shellac. I think personally I still prefer Shellac but this is a great option and I love this color; it's why I decided to wear it for my birthday. :) I actually found a very close dupe; click HERE to see it.

I'm stuck at work today but I guess it's really not a big deal. If I'm up for it after work the hubby is taking me to dinner. Yesterday he took me to see The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. Long movie (they all are in this series) but still good; I have never read the books so I enjoy the movies. So many hotties in this one too.

I bought my Vinylux on eBay; I paid $6.95 for Daring Escape with free shipping. The Top Coat was $6.90 with free shipping.

Have you tried Vinylux or are you interested in trying it?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salon Perfect, Kaboom and Shocked.

China Glaze, Red Satin.

Review: Cover FX BB Gel, Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment.