Barielle's Spring Velvets Collection 2014 - Swatches.

Well HELLO there!

I've been a very busy little tax pro hence my lack of presence here but I just got Barielle's newest collection so I wanted to get you a peak at the colors and my initial thoughts on formulas and finishes.

Let's jump right in with some photos and a quick take on each color.


From Top to Bottom: 

My Week Away, My Tan Blazer, Sexy Mood.


From Top to Bottom:

Cream 'n Sugar, A Little Exotic, Uptown Girl.



From Left to Right:

My Week Away - My 2nd favorite of the line up. Barielle's description is 'A Dusty Pink' and that's mostly correct. In the bottle you can see a soft pale green shimmer (like Greenwich Village from the 2012 Fall Collection). This swatch shows 2 coats. I also added a coat of Barielle's Ulta Speed Dry Manicure Extender to see if it would magnify the shimmer at all but it actually hid it and made it look more like a creme. The formula was nice and easy to work with and very opaque.


This photo gives you a nice side-by-side comparison of My Week Away (on the left) and Greenwich Village (on the right). My photo isn't picking up the shimmer in these but they both have a soft pale green shimmer and both have great formulas.


My Tan Blazer - My favorite of the collection. Barielle's description is 'A tan, camel color'. It's a creme but a great neutral color and it leans a little yellow so I like it even more. Not everyone's skin tone will work with this and probably won't work very well on myself but I'm drawn to it so I'm not going to fight it. This swatch shows 2 coats and no top coat. It was a tiny bit streaky but nothing noticeable. 


Sexy Mood - They should have added 'My' to the name on this don't you think? Barielle describes this as 'A muted magenta' but I'm thinking more radiant orchid. Again 2 coats no top coat. Formula was just like My Tan Blazer, a little bit streaky but still a great finish. It's another creme and to me a little boring but purple addicts will love it. It does seem to be a very flattering color.


Cream 'n Sugar - A very sheer pale peach jelly. Barielle calls it 'A sheer, soft pink' but I see peach. My swatch shows 2 coats (no top coat) and it's very see through. This will work good for the gals who like a 'natural but better' nail. I'm very bored by it; formula was not as watery as I expected but it does dry very uneven. It dried very shiny. I wonder how this would work in a water marble?


A Little Exotic - Barielle calls this 'A muted, rusty rose' and I agree with that. It a little more unique than the typical rose color. Formula was very smooth and opaque. When I hold this to my nail I don't care for it but when sitting with the rest of the collection I like it so I think it all depends on your skin tone. Swatch shows 2 coats, no top coat.


And last but not least...


Uptown Girl - A pale nude creme but Barielle calls it 'A soft beige'. The formula wants to be opaque in 2 coats but I still see lots of streaks. It's not as peachy as Cream 'n Sugar but it still leans more peach than beige. I know Barielle has tons of colors like these and I could have done some comparisons for you but I'm so bored with this color... But if you want to see any comparisons let me know.


My overall take is that this collection is a throwback to Valentine's Day but I think there's something for everyone. Of course my faves are My Tan Blazer and My Week Away.

To purchase visit Barielle's website at www.Barielle.com. All Shades are Buy One, Get One 1/2 Off.

Back to the tax office!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salon Perfect, Kaboom and Shocked.

China Glaze, Red Satin.

Review: Cover FX BB Gel, Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment.