Icing, Watermelon.


We have a rogue pumpkin vine growing in our backyard and it has these bright yellow/orange blooms all over it. So I wanted to do something like that on my nails.


Icing, Watermelon is a polish I picked up on a whim. It's a soft orangey peach crelly (cross between a creme and a jelly). It took 3 coats to cover up some staining I had on my nails but still looks very squishy. Formula was very easy to apply due to the very jelly-like consistency. Even the huge brush wasn't a problem. It did dry to a very odd finish though; it had some very fine texture particles in it, almost like some neons have. A top coat is necessary.


On my Middle & Thumb nails I applied 2 coats of China Glaze, White On White. I then stamped these Lilies from Bundle Monster plate BM-314 using Wet n Wild, Black Creme. Since Watermelon is on the sheer side it worked well to fill in the Lilies with a very fine tipped dotting tool (once again using the Led Lighting technique). 


I topped all my nails with 2 coats of In A Hurry (unfortunately the stamp smeared). I also tried a new base coat; Bridge The Ridge by ACI is a ridge-filling basecoat that has a milky appearance. It worked great but I did notice that there were a few clumps in it. I will try giving it a few extra shakes before using it again in hopes that will eliminate the issue. Otherwise, my nails held up great and I didn't have any issues with premature chipping.


Have you entered my 1st Day of Summer Giveaway yet?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salon Perfect, Kaboom and Shocked.

China Glaze, Red Satin.

Review: Cover FX BB Gel, Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment.