Nail Art Challenge: Ombré/Gradient.


We are now on our very last challenge; Week 8 of the Polish Swap Society's Nail Art Challenge is WHO'S THAT HOMBRE? Create an ombre/gradient look with the help of this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQe6jGUkVQA.


When I swatched Barielle's Keys Collection I instantly knew I wanted to use Hawaiian Sunset, Topless In St. Tropez, and Panama Piña Colada for this challenge. I instantly saw a sunset on my nails and that's pretty much how it turned out. 



Here is my base color of Barielle's Panama Piña Colada. 2 coats. No top coat.


The only thing I didn't like about this technique is my latex sponge actually started disintegrating as I used it. Pieces of the sponge were being transferred to my nail. Not so nice. So, I ended up trashing the sponge and instead I used a piece of clean white cotton tshirt material. I folded it up to get a thick square which actually worked great. Just make sure it's not fabric that sheds. I have no idea why my sponge started falling apart but I wonder if anyone else has ever experienced that; let me know in the comments if you have.



I topped my gradient sunset with a coat of Finger Paints, Twisted, an irridescent flakie top coat (sadly, it's no longer available). I then applied a coat of In A Hurry to seal it all in. Once again I used Bridge The Ridge as my base coat and with a little extra shaking I didn't experience any chunky particles in it. This combo of base and top coat has been working really well for me lately.


I'm very happy that I stuck with the challenge; I actually found that my nail art is improving significantly (and to think I was worried when I started that I would have more fails than anything!). I want to say thank you to the admins of the Polish Swap Society for hosting the challenge and CONGRATS! to everyone who participated. It was a great way to use up some Untrieds as well as spark my creativity. 

In case you didn't see all of my posts you can see them here: http://kellsdiynails.blogspot.com/search/label/Polish%20Swap%20Society%20Nail%20Art%20Challenge

Which one do you like best? Did you participate? If so, which challenge was your favorite to do? Mine would have to be a tie between the Party Animal theme or the Pastel Galaxy Nails. My Tangelo nails would be a very close 2nd. The hardest one for me was this one, the gradient. They are so messy and it makes my OCD come unhinged. LOL 


Comments

  1. Omg my sponge started disintegrating too, glad I saw your cloth tip!! Totally worked out better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Life can be difficult to keep up with... But, I do enjoy your comments. If I don't respond to your comment just know I appreciate you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts...

Popular posts from this blog

Salon Perfect, Kaboom and Shocked.

China Glaze, Red Satin.

Review: Cover FX BB Gel, Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment.