Depression Awareness: Butter London, Dosh.

I wanted to join in on the #FightForLightAndLive manis to bring attention to Depression Awareness. After losing Robin Williams I am pretty much heart broken and I can't help but wish someone had stepped in. But in all honesty I know how depression feels, I've been there and I still to this day have some periods of mild depression here and there. When you're there the world is upside down and the little devil in your head twists things all around. People don't see what's wrong with you. And those of us with depression are really good at dismissing it when others try to reach out to us. 


I selected Butter London's Dosh for this mani because the green is a muted and unique shade of green but it has this gorgeous golden shimmer in the sun. I felt that was very much a good interpretation of the complexity of depression. Dosh is sheerer than I was expecting so I needed 3 coats. Dry time was average and formula was nice and easy to work with. I topped my nails off with 1 coat of In A Hurry. I thought about doing some nail art but I really love this color and didn't want to obscure it's beauty.

I also found Families For Depression Awareness which is an organization helping families recognize and cope with depression and bipolar disorder to get people well and prevent suicides. I love their website; it has lots of resources for those battling depression and also resources for family members and friends to help a loved one who is coping with depression. They are a 501(c)(3) charitable organization registered with the IRS. You can find thier Tax ID information here. I am going to donate to them in Robin Williams' name. 

It can feel hopeless being stuck in depression but there are ways to dig your way out. For me it's all about giving myself a job and schedule to stick to. It's also important that some of those things on your schedule give you joy and happiness. It's not easy to gear up but once you get started it gets easier day by day. It's also an amazing feeling when you realize that depressed feeling is coming on less and less. Also, another thing that helps is my pets; they bring me a feeling of love and trust that I just don't get from a human. :)

I really wish Robin Williams was still here on this earth with us; I miss him so much. His death is a great, great loss to the human race.

Fight for Light and Live.

If you or someone you know is in crisis, call 800-273-TALK or 911 immediately.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salon Perfect, Kaboom and Shocked.

China Glaze, Red Satin.

Review: Cover FX BB Gel, Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment.