Farewell to Summer with Illamasqua, Lumina Lacquer, and Maya Cosmetics.


Do you ever finish a mani and realize you just weren't feeling it? That's what happened to me with my last summer mani. I thought I would really love to use these two Illamasqua's with a glitter I had lusted after for quite sometime.

Illamasqua, Jo'mina & Cameo with Lumina Lacquer, Pinball Wizard on top.

On my ring & pinky: Illamasqua, Cameo is a perfect periwinkle blue (that leans purple) creme. I used this for some nail art in this post and loved the color then too. The formula is great; a perfect 2 coater. For some reason I got horrible bubbling; I believe due to the heat & humidity. I will definitely give this another spin to see how it performs outside of 106 degree weather.

On my index & middle: Illamasqua, Jo'mina is another great polish; this lilac purple creme has a little bit of shimmer in the bottle but it doesn't translate onto the nail. No worries though because a color this good stands alone. Another great formula and 2 coater. Again, experienced bubbling. This will also be coming back out to play.

Unfortunently it looks like Sephora no longer sells Illasamsqua. I can't find a U.S. outlet for their nail lacquer either. You can purchase directly from Illamasqua but you will pay premium shipping. On their next big sale I will definitely be looking to do a group order.

On top of all my nails: Lumina Lacquer, Pinball Wizard is a really fun and cheerful mix of matte glitters. I love all the different shapes. As you can see I even scored a heart on my middle nail and a star on my ring nail. I had to use a dabbing method to get even disbursement of the glitters. The name of this polish also makes me think of Rockstar: Supernova (Reality TV show) where I became a huge Storm Large fan; her performance of Pinball Wizard was fabulous! Sadly, this glitter bomb is no longer available in the big cartel shop. But, if you really need it I recommend stalking Storenvy, eBay, and blog sales.

Due to the severe bubbling and also the chunky glitter I used a coat of Gelous Nail Gel and then a coat of In A Hurry. But after all was said and done we weren't jiving. It felt more spring than summer to me. So, I quickly snapped some photos of it and went back to the drawing board.

The next two polishes are no longer available; I picked them up from Maya Cosmetics' Going Out of Business Sale. Sorry, but they are too pretty to not post.


Maya Cosmetics, Techno Rose & Ethereal. 

On my index & middle: Maya Cosmetics, Techno Rose is a very opaque coral holo. It's got a very salmony orange tone to it. Very unique. I used two easy coats and got beautiful application and finish. The holo is very pronounced in the sunlight. 

On my ring & pinky: Maya Cosmetics, Ethereal is infact a very ethereal light tan holo. It also appears to be metallic but sans the typical brushstrokes. It is on the sheer side so I used three coats. It dried quickly to nice smooth finish. A great mannequin hands color and also very work appropriate... But with something a little more special. The holo tends to be more scattered but I still get some linear holo at times as well. 

All nails got a coat of In A Hurry Air Dry Top Coat. I am definitely jiving with this one; the holo is perfect to send off summer. I really am sending summer off because I'm done with the insane heat and humidity. 

On Mondays We Wear Donuts.

Actually, any day is a good day to wear donuts.

Rings: Donut from Jane's Tiny Things, Chevron from Icing.

Tomorrow is the 1st day of Fall! Yes!!! The blog will be getting a makeover and you can expect lots of Halloween and Fall posts. I will be doing some fun makeup for October as well so you will see some non-polish related (NPR) posts. I hope you enjoy them; let me know if you want more of them. I usually post my Eye Of The Day's, Lip Of The Day's and full face makeup looks on my Instagram account but thought you would enjoy the more unique looks I will be doing in October. I plan on stepping outside of my comfort zone with the Vice 3 palette, My Pretty Zombie, Sugarpill, Prestige Total Intensity Cosmetics, Milani, Wet n' Wild, and NYX. 

Who else is happy to see Fall arrive?!?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salon Perfect, Kaboom and Shocked.

China Glaze, Red Satin.

Review: Cover FX BB Gel, Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment.