Demeter Fragrance: Elvira's Zombie.

When I spotted this fragrance on Elvira's webstore (one of three different scents) I bought it straight on impulse. It's two of my favorite things rolled into one; Elvira & Zombies. 



It's been ages (literally) since I've purchased anything from Demeter Fragrance; let's be honest these are popular for the pre-teen crowd. At least that's when I used to purchase them. Today I wouldn't think to visit the Demeter site for a fragrance but because I stumbled upon it through Elvira's site its now in my hands. The magic of the internet, right?

So, first we must specify this as a 'cologne'. What does that mean? A cologne is typically a scent that contains the lowest percentage (about 5% to 8%) of essential oils while a perfume contains the highest (aproximately 30%) and is more concentrated. Perfume lasts much longer on skin, about 6 to 8 hours, while cologne will require additional applications. Typically colognes are also much more budget friendly but in this case I paid $25 for a 1 ounce bottle (plus shipping).

The bottle is your basic square glass bottle with plastic/aluminum cap and spray pump. The bottle itself is nice and weighty but this will tend to tip over easily since the base of the bottle isn't very wide. The label is glossy with half-way decent artwork; it's slapped on the bottle and not exactly positioned correctly. The spray pump does spray well and gives a nice distribution of product. No large drops of product; no drips. 

The website says: Elvira's Zombie is stunningly beautiful; so beautiful and compelling that the olfactory experience risks putting those who smell it into a trance. The sexy center of this fragrance revolves around Ylang Ylang and Red Poppies, grounded with Tobacco Leaves and Black Vanilla Bean, while taking flights of fancy with a frosty Methadone accord and powdery Coca Petals. Very unusual and sexy stuff, indeed.

My Take: This is definitly not a high-end scent. It's fun and playful for Halloween. It reminds me a bit of my Skin Sin Body Lotion from Lush; the scent is very strong but after awhile It fades to deep and bold, even a little sexy but not refined or mature. It actually embodies Elvira perfectly; gaudy and over-the-top. I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way either. If you are buying this fragrance you are in on the joke and it's a good one.

I'm happy I've added this to my fragrance collection. It is very unique and I can easily see me wearing this every October... maybe even a few weeks in November and to Comic Con.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salon Perfect, Kaboom and Shocked.

China Glaze, Red Satin.

Review: Cover FX BB Gel, Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment.