Fortune Cookie Soap: Steam Me Up Scotty! Shower Fizzy in Poisonous Fog.

Hey Gang!

So, my nails are in terrible (and I mean terrible) condition. I think between the stress of the move and the physical labor my nails are paying the price. I've had several breaks, peeling, hang nails, and dry cracking skin. So, I will be giving my nails a few weeks to recoup. In the mean time I will be doing some non-polish related posts. This first one is my first time trying Fortune Cookie Soap. I've seen rave reviews about this company and since finding out that Bath & Body Works is no longer cruelty free this is the perfect time to try them out.


Soooo, what exactly is a "Steam Me Up Scotty!" and how do you use it? Basically, it's a heavily scented fizzy designed for an aromatherapy type shower experience.

Directions : For maximum results take a  hot , steamy shower. Simply unwrap & toss the shower fizzy on the floor to the back of your shower, out of the stream of water. You want it to slowly fizz during your shower, rather than quickly run down your drain. It's like your personal little aromatherapy room, the steamier the better! 

Poisonous Fog got my attention right away; it sounds sinister but the scent profile sounded divine. 

A poisonous, curling vapor of dusky breezes, with just a whisper of wind-blown leaves, heliotrope, woods of cedar and  sandalwood, dark musk creeping with just a hint of roasted marshmallows, brown sugar, coconut and soft vanilla. Be careful, this scent gets deep under your skin...

To me it smells like a Winter Wonderland. I smell the woods and outdoors with a hint of perfumed snow. For me its perfect for this time of year between autumn and winter. The moment I opened the white paper envelope the scent hit me in the face; it is definitly heavily scented. You get 3 per pack.


The one I opened was crumbled so I left it in the foil. The texture is just like a bath fizzy. 


Since my shower is smaller than most I set my fizzy on the back ledge of my shower/bath tub. This may have been a mistake because I didn't get what I expected out of it. Here's what I did:

I started my shower and had it turned to the hottest setting. 

I set my fizzy on the back ledge and let my shower get nice and steamy for 5 minutes. (Yes, I know, I wasted water...)

I then turned the temp down to warm and got in the shower.

The scent was practically non-existent during the first half of my shower. Half-way through my shower the scent increased a little but not by much. I leaned over the top of the fizzy and accidentally dribbled some water on it and it began to fiz. It kicked up the scent then.


I think if a little more water had gotten to it I would have had a better result. 

Next time I am going to put it on the floor of the shower/tub; I think you need the warm water to make it fiz and release more scent.

While it didnt turn out as great as I thought it would, I think there was some operator error. I still have the entire shower fizzy to use again. The scent is absolutely amazing. 

I just realized they have Wax Tarts so I need to buy some of those for sure!

Fortune Cookie Soap can be purchased online here.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salon Perfect, Kaboom and Shocked.

China Glaze, Red Satin.

Review: Cover FX BB Gel, Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment.