Full Face using Cover FX CC Cream.

Back in mid-summer I experienced one of my worst acne breakouts. It happens to be when I did this full face look. The downfall is you are about to see my face looking absolutley terrible. The good side is you can get a very good idea what the coverage of the CC Cream is like. This prep face is when I had just switched to using Murad's Acne System and now my skin is looking great. In a month I saw great results and now some past acne scars are fading so I plan on sharing my results with the Murad Acne System shortly.

Here's a breakdown of the products used and individual photos:

Prepped Face: 
- Washed face with Murad Clarifying Cleanser.
- Applied Murad Acne Clearing Solution to entire face and jaw line.
- Applied Murad Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15. I don't normally use this but I thought it might work well to control my oil under the CC Cream.
- Applied e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer to my eyelids.
- Applied e.l.f. Hydrating Under Eye Primer under my eyes and to my dark circles.



After application of Cover FX CC Cream:
- Applied NYX Mineral Matte Finishing Powder all over face using Sedona Lace Flat Top Buffer (Face Brush FB 07).
- Applied Cover FX CC Cream using damp Real Techniques Beauty Sponge (using the 'blotting' or 'stippling' technique). 

The technique of applying a powder before applying a cream or foundation was introduced by Wayne Goss (look him up on YouTube). It helps extend the wear of your base and keeps your skin mattified longer. Especially good for those with oily skin.



Finished Face:
- Applied IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye, Waterproof in Light under my eyes and on dark circles. 
- Applied Ulta Minerals Powder Foundation in Fair 01 to entire face and under eyes using the Sedona Lace Flat Top Buffer (Face Brush FB 07).
- Concealed spots using Cover FX Cream Concealer in N Light. Applied a very small amount to my finger tip and pressed between my fingertips to warm it up and dabbed and blended out on various areas. Set concealer with Ulta Minerals powder.
- Contoured face & eyes using the It Cosmetics Radiance Palette. Used Sedona Lace Dome Contour Brush (FB 05).
- Highlighted brow bone and center of nose and bridge with Too Faced Inner Light.
- Applied Too Faced Lash Injection mascara to lashes.

(Bare lips! Oops! LOL)

As I said in my earlier post on the Cover FX CC Cream, it doesn't last very long on me. Even using the 'powder first' technique I only get another hour of wear (4-5 hours). But that was during the heat and humidity of our last So Cal summer. This is something I will revisit as temps drop and my skin dries out. I did use the CC Cream during my last camping trip as a tinted moisturizer/spf and it worked well in the high elevation air of Death Valley.

While it might not be the best product for me I can still find occasions where this would work where a foundation might not. Especially since it contains good ingredients and SPF coverage. I won't be able to use this as an everyday foundation when I need to look my best all day long, like at work. I've picked up some samples of Kat Von D's Lock It Tattoo Foundation and have been very impressed with it. I think I will be getting a full sized for tax season so I can look my best at the tax desk. 

  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salon Perfect, Kaboom and Shocked.

China Glaze, Red Satin.

Review: Cover FX BB Gel, Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment.