CND Shellac, Cream Puff and Additives in Gilded Gleam.


I thought I would go light this time with Cream Puff, a true white cream. I used 2 coats for opacity. After my 2nd coat of Color Coat I thought I would try using the Additives in Gilded Gleam which is a sparkly metallic gold. I used an angle brush to stipple the pigment around the edges of my nail. I then applied my CND Shellac UV Top Coat to seal it all in.



I learned about the Additives through YouTube videos and I followed their techniques for applying it but I had a less than stellar result; I noticed that the Shellac didn't hold up as well when used with the Additive pigment between the layers. It was also very messy; it's a very lightweight pigment and it flys up in the air even when using carefully. Because the pigment interrupts the sticky seal between the color coat and top coat it started chipping and peeling away very quickly. While the look is cute I won't do this again. I do want to find another technique that might work better with the Additives though.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salon Perfect, Kaboom and Shocked.

China Glaze, Red Satin.

Review: Cover FX BB Gel, Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment.