Salon Perfect: The Manicure System Wear Test - Day 1.

Hey Gang! I've been back from vacation for a week now and I'm ready to go back!


Anyways, whenever we go to the river we always make several trips to the Walmart in Bullhead City, AZ to grab necessities and snacks (oh, and water too!). I also love to check out their Cosmetics Department because many times I find things there that I don't see at my local Walmart stores. Every trip I end up picking up something and this trip was no different. I actually found all three of the Hard Candy Eye Palettes in Sassy Eyes, Smokey Eyes, and Neutral Eyes (FYI: These are really great little palettes that remind me of the Tin Palettes from Too Faced; check 'em out if you get a chance!) as well as Salon Perfect's The Manicure System. I hadn't spotted this locally so I thought I would give it a go and we can see how well it works together! Sound like FUN?!?



This system consists of a Nail Cleanser, Bonding Base Coat, and High-Shine Top Coat.

The Nail Cleanser is basically just acetone with a few other minor chemicals to dry out the nail bed and eliminate any oils. I just swiped it on real quick and it evaporated in seconds. While I don't think this was really a necessary component I still used it to be cohesive in my review. Ingredients: Acetone, Water (Aqua Eau), Tocopherol, Pyridoxine, Methoxyisopropanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Red 33 (CI 17200)

The Bonding Base Coat is pretty interesting; it looks and applies like watered down Elmer's Glue. It's thicker than most other base coats I've used but because it's white it could help to cancel out any stains on your nails. It dried pretty quickly on the nail and actually seemed to help level out the nail surface much like a ridge-filling base coat. Ingredients: Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Toluene, Nitrocellulose, Acetyl Triethyl Citrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Phthalic Anhydride/Trimelitic Anhydride/Glycol Copolymer, Camphor, Stearalkowium Rectorate, Citric Acid, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 (CI 19140).

The High-Shine Top Coat reminds me a lot of Seche Vite; It's got a thicker viscosity much like Seche Vite. One coat did a good job of sealing in my nail color and with 2 coats you can smooth out gritty glitters. It is not a quick dry top coat but it is shiny. Ingredients: Butyl Acetate, Toluene, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Butoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Benzophenone-1.

In order to give this system a true test I decided to use it for both my finger and toe nails.

Full Sunlight.

For my manicure I used 2 coats of Cult Nails' Wanna Be. Is this a sore spot for anyone? Sorry, but even though Cult Nails went out of business I still have lots of their nail polish to wear. This particular one is quickly becoming a favorite for me. I wore this on my toes during tax season and loved it so much I wanted to wear it on my fingers too! It's a unique duochrome; color-shifting from bronze to red, to pink, and gold. It's perfect as we transition into summer. The formula is a little strange (at times it is goopy and others it seems to be on the thin side; IDK) but I typically don't have any application issues. It does require 2 coats for opacity.

Shade.

For my pedicure I used 2 coats of China Glazes' All Aboard (a medium purple creme), 1 coat of Barielle's Angel Dust (multisized iridescent glitter), and 1 coat of Barielle's Amethyst (a chunky lavender glitter). Needless to say my toes are glitter bombs. But cute! LOL This will show us how this system works for thick glittered nails too. Also, keep in mind the polish on my toes typically lasts a lot longer than on my fingers so I will provide updates through the month. Whereas my fingernails will probably only hold up for 1 - 2 weeks. I know quite a few people are put off by foot photos so click HERE to see my toes if you want.

Have you seen this system pop up in your local Walmart yet? Have you tried it yet?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salon Perfect, Kaboom and Shocked.

China Glaze, Red Satin.

Review: Cover FX BB Gel, Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment.