Mermaid Nails: Barielle, China Glaze, and Gabriel Cosmetics.

Where have I been... I went crazy. Not like clinically insane but I kinda put a little too much on my plate. I think I'm having a bit of a 'What am I doing with my life?' crisis. Is that also known as a mid-life crisis? I don't know because I'm only 35. Could 35 be mid-life crisis time? Someone please let me know.

I've slacked a bit on my nails because I either don't feel like doing them (Gasp!) or I just don't have time. I've been really pushing myself on some other projects of mine so some things had to fall by the way-side.

Towards the end of June and through the beginning of July I did these really cool 'Mermaid' looking nails.


Both of these glitters are by Barielle; from the Bling-It-On Collection.

The Teal with large gold hexagons is called Sea Urchin. It's a frost and the formula is a little thick but I didn't have any application issues. It also has a duo chrome shift to gold. The other hexagon glitters are teal and light green. I used 2 coats over a base color of China Glaze, Exotic Encounters. I used a base color because it's a little too sheer for me to use alone. I did this combo on my toes too and it came out really cute. The only thing I will say is to be sure you tap the glitters smooth on the free edge of your nail; I stabbed myself a few times and it really hurt!

The Blue/Purple or Blurple Glitter is Shooting Star; a shimmery sheer base packed with blue hexagons. It looks like there are two different sizes of hexagon glitters. The base is a micro shimmer and also has a duo chrome effect (shifts to a purply/pink). In the bottle it looks frosty but it doesn't translate that way on the nail. The formula is thinner than Sea Urchin and applies very smoothly. I used 1 coat over Gabriel Cosmetics, Lagoon (a perfect base color for this). I didn't have an issue with glitters poking off the tips of my nails with this one.

My favorite of the bunch is Shooting Star, I mean, just look at the photo! Like, Whoa!

I've also got a Bonus Dupe Comparison for you; In the Bling-It-On-Collection I noticed a glitter that made my brain scream 'DUPE!'. Golden Halo is a dead-on dupe for aEngland's She Walks In Beauty.


aEngland, She Walks In Beauty on the Left; Barielle, Golden Halo on the Right. 
2 coats each. I even prefer the formula of the Barielle Shade.

I love finding dupes like this because it has become hard to get aEngland here in the US since new mailing regulations went into effect.  

I hope to have a few more posts going up for you; one is a wear test on the FingerPaints Endless Wear System.

Barielle sent me this collection but all opinions are my own. See my disclosure policy HERE.

Comments

  1. Great layering & comparison! I get my aEnglands from llarowe.com.

    Nothing wrong with self-evaluation! What's the line from Ferris Bueller about live moving fast, if you don't stop and take a look around once in awhile, you miss it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I don't buy from Llarowe for personal reasons. I used to buy directly from aEngland and loved to take advantage of her sales; so sad that the shipping issue came up!

      I hate being so busy; it makes me sad that I can't find the time or energy to play in my nail room.

      Delete
  2. I really like Shooting Star, too! What I really love/hate is how you include links to buying the polish! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwa Ha Ha! Apparently it is blog etiquette to be sure to link where to buy said polish; who am I to disgree?!? But in all honesty if I see something I love and there isn't a direct link to it I get a little crabby. I sees it, I loves it, I buys it! 😜

      Delete

Post a Comment

Life can be difficult to keep up with... But, I do enjoy your comments. If I don't respond to your comment just know I appreciate you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts...

Popular posts from this blog

Salon Perfect, Kaboom and Shocked.

China Glaze, Red Satin.

Review: Cover FX BB Gel, Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment.