Bear Pawlish, You Ain't Limon.

For the last week of summer I decided to go out with a bang; a lemon lime holo. Then, I took forever to post it. My bad.

The new job has been exhausting to say the least. I've been so tired...

But I set aside a chunk of time today to bang out some posts just for you.

The irony is we had rain this day so my lighting sucked. My apologies for the less than stellar photo.


I also wanted to talk to you guys about my new favorite base coat for holos. You may (or may not) know that holo nail polish can be a little finicky. It will often help application if you use an 'Aqua Base'. Basically, it's just a certain type of base coat that works especially well under holos. For the longest time Nfu-Oh's Aqua Base was my best base coat for this purpose but after doing more research I realized that Nfu-Oh probably isn't cruelty free. Plus, they have never responded to any of my inquiries.


I recently learned of a new website called ikatehouse; they have tons of inexpensive makeup including L.A. Color & L.A. Girl which are both inexpensive, cruelty free brands (they are both owned by the same parent company). I did a huge haul; if you follow me on Instagram you saw that I went a little cray cray on the L.A. Girl Matte Flat Finish Pigment Glosses. I also got several different shades of the PRO Conceal (said to be a dupe of MAC), the PRO BB Cream, PRO Setting Spray, and a grip of their Nail Treatments. Oh, and lashes and lash glue.

They packaged everything super well, adorably, and it shipped amazingly quick.



The L.A. Girl Marine Base Coat works just as good (if not better) than the Nfu-Oh. No joke, this lasted the longest any holo has ever stayed on my nails. Holos are notorious for chipping and I'm lucky to get 3 days; but I got a decent 6 days. It also applies pretty well too; I did get a wonky brush so I have to make sure to turn it to a good side. I highly recommend this base coat.

Rocking my awesome Icing Midi Rings.

I applied 3 coats of You Ain't Limon over the L.A. Girl Marine Base Coat. It applied very smoothly and evenly. I really love the brushes in Bear Pawlish; they are flat tipped brushes that fan out over the nail. You get a very clean line at the cuticle. These photos don't show off the incredible linear holo this polish has. Right now this polish isn't available but I recommend following the Bear Pawlish Facebook Page for info on restocks; this one might come back.

Disclaimer: I bought all of this and wasn't paid or compensated for this post. I thought you might think I was selling out here but I really was impressed with ikatehouse and L.A. Girl's Marine Base.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salon Perfect, Kaboom and Shocked.

China Glaze, Red Satin.

Review: Cover FX BB Gel, Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment.