Elvira, Mistress of the Dark - Featuring Glam Polish, Dollish Polish, and Darling Girl Cosmetics.


Shade

Last Saturday I went to Knott's Scary Farm to see Elvria and her show, Elvira's Asylum. I'm a HUGE Elvira fan so my main goal was to meet her in her Boo-tique but I quickly found out it wasn't all that simple.

In order to get a ticket to the Meet & Greet you had to be there when the park initally opened and bought $50 worth of Elvira merch. I have never been to Knott's before so I had no idea that it would take an hour and a half just to park. Needless to say we didn't get inside the park until 10 minutes before 9pm. Luckily, we got into the first show just in time.

Incase you're wondering about the show it consists of Elvira's usual shenanigans (I mean that in a good way too). You will get a lot of her banter, wit, and jokes along with dancing skits with her team of dancers and an arial trapeze artist. She even does a little rap number. It's a pretty short show but I'm a fan of B Level Entertainment and raunchy humor so I ate it up and so did my husband (he thoroughly enjoyed getting to say Boobs, Jugs, and Hooters aloud).

After the show we headed over to Elvira's Boo-tique. I asked a staff member and found out that my chances of getting to meet Elvira were slim to none. But, I'm no quitter; I got in the line anyway and was just listening to what was going on around me and chatting with my hubby. That's when luck struck and I met the ladies in line behind me. Turns out one of them was only there to take photos but photos were not allowed inside. So, they offered me a ticket! Now, before you feel bad for my husband... He likes Elvira, a lot, but no where near the lever of fanatic I am. So, he didn't mind. He watched me from outside and made fun of me afterwards because I was literally so animated and just talking her ear off!

I kept thanking Regina (the gal who blessed me with the ticket) the whole time we were in line to meet Elvira. I was grining ear-to-ear. I even had a gift to give Elvira; one of my favorite indie cosmetic lines, Darling Girl Cosmetics, released a Halloween Collection this year that included a special Liquid Lipstick called Mistress of Darkness. I bought 2; one for me and one for Elvira so I was beyond ecstatic that I was able to give it to her. She is always so sweet, kind, and down to earth and she was totally jazzed about the lipstick. Made my night!


I even wore it for the evening; I lined and filled in my lips with Jordana EasyLiner in Sedona Red and then applied Mistress of Darkness to the outer corners of my lips.

You can check out my Instagram where I posted a few photos/videos. I took a selfie of the husband and I after the show with the stage in back and a video of Elvira leaving the Meet & Greet.

I was head to toe in Elvira swag; Not just my nails & lips. I also wore my fantastic Goth Mistress of Dark Earrings from Whimsy Lovelies on etsy, Kreepsville Elvira Cobweb Tunic Dress from Sourpuss Clothing, Bunny Paige Crystal Cocktail Ring in Siam, and Elvira's very own perfume in Zombie.

Sunlight.

As for Glam Polish, Elvira, it applied beautifully in 2 easy coats over L.A. Girls Marine Base Coat. This is a linear holo but it is also a duochrome that has a pink shift. Pretty darn amazing if you ask me. Sadly, it is no longer available. Sorry. But I think they need to re-release this one... I need to buy a bottle to give Elvira the next time I meet her.

It's Glitter-ific!

On my ring nail I applied one even coat of Dollish Polish, Zombies Only Like You For Your Brain from last years Halloween Collection. A glitter bomb with various shapes and shades, including grays, browns, purples, plums, and burgundy. It's a pretty fun mix.

Both are great polishes with great formulas and I had very little clean up. All nails got a coat of In A Hurry.

Are you an Elvira fan too? I grew up watching her and one of my all-time favorite movies is Elvira, Mistress of the Dark. I can watch it over and over again and love it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salon Perfect, Kaboom and Shocked.

China Glaze, Red Satin.

Review: Cover FX BB Gel, Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment.