NARS, Algonquin (Holiday 2014).

Hey Gang!

Last Monday was my little dog, Nikki's, 8th Birthday. To mark the occasion (along with a Wag.com Haul) I had the perfect nail polish.




Sunlight.

Algonquin is an amazingly unique color that was released for last years' holiday season. This dusty purple loaded with iridescent micro shimmer and flakies also has a very unique 'lit from within' glow to it. It is absolutely ethereal. The formula was a little on the thick side but not difficult to apply. I applied 2 medium coats to achieve opacity. If you prefer thinner coats you will probably need 3 coats.  Dry time was average and I added a top coat of In A Hurry. This particular polish was LE and is no longer available through most retailers but you can still get it on Amazon; if you like it, I suggest grabbing it while you can because I'm sure it will disappear soon. This price is also a killer deal; I spent much more when I bought it last year.

Shade.

I chose this particular polish because it made me think of Elvira's Familiar, Algonquin (Aka Gonk). Nikki is very much my shadow and is always by my side. We work our own kind of magic together.



I decided to switch things up a bit and tried a different base coat; L.A. Girl, Whitener & Smoother. Now, I'm actually not so sure this was meant to be used as a base coat but I gave it a whirl anyways. It held up pretty decent for about 3 days. Then, I got two big sections of nail polish that peeled right off. So, I grabbed an orange wood stick and lo-and-behold I found this to act as a peel-off base. I was able to easily pull up the edge and peel the majority of the polish off without damaging my natural nail. So, if you are looking for an inexpensive peel-off base I recommend giving this a shot. It also applies really nicely like a gel polish.


Happy Birthday, Sweet Nikki!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salon Perfect, Kaboom and Shocked.

China Glaze, Red Satin.

Review: Cover FX BB Gel, Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment.