Pomegranate Lacquers, Fit For A Prince.

Pomegranate Lacquers, Fit For A Prince. 1 coat.


Wait, did I type that right? Yep, this one's a one coater. Pretty cool, huh? Pomegranate Lacquers sent this to me for review along with Pennywisher. I have way too many untrieds at the moment so I had Penny make a pick for me and she chose Fit For A Prince. You can see Penny making her choice HERE!

Fit For A Prince is what I would call an 'exact blue' meaning there's nothing else here; no undertones of purple or pink, it's just perfectly blue. When comparing it to my other blues in my stash the only one that came close was Essie's Mesmerize which is very very similar but just a touch darker. This is a perfect replacement for Mesmerize in my stash. When the 4th of July rolls around I will be using this as my blue. It's also very creamy and opaque. It is a little thick but what bothered me most about this polish was the wonky brush; I had a very hard time getting a nice clean line at the cuticle. The brush is a flat tipped wide brush (which I normally love) but the sides of the brush flip outwards. Ugh. I'm not a big fan of the new bottle design; I like the square bottles better and the old logo as well. I added a coat of Seche Vite for the above photo.

I wanted to add some glitter and I really shouldn't be showing you this glitter because its no longer available but it paired perfectly with Fit For A Prince so I just have to show you. This is from Darling Diva Polish. I made a purchase quite awhile ago and this mini bottle of glitter was included as a gift. All that is on the label is 'DDP' and a star. So, I'm assuming the name of this is Star, but I'm not 100% sure. This is a pretty amazing glitter... It's so complex yet it is a perfect blend. First we've got lots of shiny hexagons in orange, red, blue, green, and champagne. Then, there's a few white squares. Still there's more... Then there are these fine green tinted iridescent glitters. It's all suspended in a very lightly tinted blue base. It's glitter nirvana. It's also super dense and packed with glitter so it was perfect for the look I was going for. Instead or doing the tips in glitter I started the glitter at the cuticle. I finished it all off in my typical manner (A coat of Gelous and then a coat of Seche Vite).


I've been a little obsessed with butter London, Illamasqua, and Deborah Lippmann lately and haven't been on Etsy in a while, so I swung by the Darling Diva Polish shop and I kinda fell in love with her stuff all over again. I think she has one of the best selections of polish; you'll find holos, glitters, jellies, and color shifting polishes all in one place. I highly suggest taking a moment to browse... Unless you're on a no-buy like me, then just add it to your future reading list. ;)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salon Perfect, Kaboom and Shocked.

China Glaze, Red Satin.

Review: Cover FX BB Gel, Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment.