Vegan Cuts' Beauty Box - August 2013.


Its about time I share my Vegan Cuts Beauty Box with you! This is the one I received in August. I've since gotten the September one but I need time to test out all the products before I tell you about that one. Shall we get started???


Perennial Soaps, Mini Peppermint Tea Tree Facial Bar - Scented artisan soaps handmade in small batches without the use of palm oil. I really like the smell of this; it's very refreshing and clean but not too strong. It lathers up very well and cleanses well. I did notice a 'squeeky' clean feel which I'm not a fan of and thats why I typically use liquid soaps. I've been using this to remove my make-up before using my Relogy Skin Care System and it does a good job of removing all of it.


Schmidt's Deodorant - Aluminum-free deodorant cream in an enticing Bergamot & Lime scent. I love the product but hate the packaging. The product itself smells super good; unique, refreshing, clean, but not too strong. I also like the consistency; it's creamier than typical deodorant so it absorbs better. The application process turns me off; having to use my fingers to get a pea sized amount of product out of the container and then rubbing it in is time consuming and messy. If they put this in a stick form I would keep this product in my arsenal.


Fanciful Fox Peach Tinted Lip Balm - Organic balm with a hint of color. This has Shea Butter and you can smell it; I love that. The smell of Shea Butter is divine. I wish I could expand on the ingredients more but the lettering on the label has worn off; they need to look into better labels. The actual product though is good, really good. One of the few vegan and organic balms I have actually used consistently. The formula is really nice and it feels really nice when applying. The shape (oval) is kinda odd but I got used to it.


Relogy Targeted Acne Spot Treatment - I've been using the Relogy Skin Care System for several months now and it's my favorite to date. I actually don't use this product as much as the Foaming Treatment and the Hydrating Moisturizer. I have several of these sitting in my drawer. However, this is a good product I just need less spot treatment.


Lip Glosserie, Lavender & Chamomile Body Cream - Handmade, paraben-free body lotion made with skin-loving ingredients like shea butter and avocado oil. It's not as heavy as typical body creams and the smell was very soft. Application wasn't the greatest for me; it didn't smooth on very evenly. There were times when it was very slick and then almost sticky. It seemed like maybe the ingredients were not blended well or they separated. However, it did provide me with a full day of moisturized skin.


NCLA Nail Wraps in Fairy Floss - I already reviewed these HERE. Go have a looksie!


I also got some sample packets of Sunology, which is a sunscreen derived from natural sources and rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and omegas. Haven't tried these out just yet.

With this being the very first Vegan Cuts Beauty Box I've gotten I'd say it's Good, but not Great. We got full sized products in the Lip Balm, Relogy, and NCLA products but everything else seems miniaturized. I would have really liked a larger size of the sunscreen to really give it a good test. I am hesitant to use it since there is so little in the sample packet.

You can sign up for the Vegan Cuts Beauty Box for $19.99 a month; Free Shipping.

What's your take? Are you already signed up or thinking of signing up?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salon Perfect, Kaboom and Shocked.

China Glaze, Red Satin.

Review: Cover FX BB Gel, Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment.