A Very Special Franken (Toxic Avenger?).

I remember the day I saw Jen of The PolishAholic post her swatch of Toxic Avenger (by Dollish Polish) like it was yesterday... It's been almost 2 years since that day. When I saw it I knew my existence would not be complete without it. A bit melodramatic??? Yes, but it's exactly how I felt. I loved it like it was my first born child. 

Then, the wait ensued... There was a delay and Dollish Polish was working on it. Then, the bad news hit; no more Toxic Avenger. Oh, Sweet Baby Jesus, NOOOOOOOoooooo... Alas, Toxic Avenger was not to be. 

I googled, I binged, I eBayed, I scoured Polish Groups on Facebook. Then, I stumbled upon a comment; it mentioned a recipe to franken your own Toxic Avenger. I can't find the original comment but I punched it into my phone back then and I left the gates at a full out run to collect the components. 

1) Hard Candy, Beetle (You can find it on eBay).

2) Wet n Wild Fast Dry, Gray's Anatomy (At a drugstore near you).

3) Spectraflair Holographic Powder (Again, eBay. I went with Coarse 35 Grade. There's none listed as of now but keep an eye out). If you are considering working with Spectraflair I recommend reading this post first.

I did a 50/50 of the polish and a scoop (.10 g) of Spectraflair into a mini (5 ml) bottle. This is what resulted:

I went a little photo crazy with this pretty; click below to see more photos.

These photos all show outdoors in full sun. The holo is insane!


And now for some shade photos...



Wow, is that awesome or what?!? The formula was really easy to work with too; 2 coats with my regular base coat of Barielle, Hydrating Ridgefiller worked great. The formula was on the thin side but not runny and I didn't have any issues with pooling at the cuticle. In some light 2 coats appeared sheer so you could add a 3rd coat if you prefer. You could also layer this over black (many people prefer it that way) but I like the softness of it on its own. It dried quickly and very smooth; I finished it off with a coat of Gelous & In A Hurry.

I don't own Dollish Polish, Toxic Avenger to compare it side-by-side but this totally satisfies my desire for it so I am happy happy happy!

Tomorrow I go back to work at H&R Block for the tax season (Jan. - Apr. 15th). I'm looking forward to it. Of course it means my time here will be limited but I will still be posting. Here's hoping your 2014 starts off well (I actually started it with a cold, Yuck!) and I hope you enjoy my blog!



Comments

  1. One day I'm gonna try my hand at frankening thanks to inspiration from you! This is amazing! It's so dang lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me awhile to work up the nerve! But I will say the key is to protect your work surface. It also doesn't hurt to pick up some supplies from TKB Trading. ;)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of Toxic Avenger until now so I'd have to do an image search to see what it looks like but I *LOVE* what you've come up with. It's beautiful! Is this your first time you've made your own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You can click the link in the beginning of the post to see a swatch of Toxic Avenger. This is not my first time frankening; check out these posts: http://kellsdiynails.blogspot.com/search/label/Frankens?m=0. It's a lot of fun!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Life can be difficult to keep up with... But, I do enjoy your comments. If I don't respond to your comment just know I appreciate you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts...

Popular posts from this blog

Salon Perfect, Kaboom and Shocked.

China Glaze, Red Satin.

Review: Cover FX BB Gel, Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment.