Nail Art Challenge: I AM SO SPACED OUT!


I'm back with Week 6 of the Polish Swap Society Nail Art Challenge! This weeks theme is: I AM SO SPACED OUT! Pastel Galaxy nails sound fun for spring/summer right? Using this tutorial, create a set of galaxy nails!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZGHOIsMmxA


I just got Spellbound Nails, Visions of Sugar Plums in a swap with a fellow member of the Polish Swap Society and I thought it would make for a great base color for this challenge. It's a very pretty dusty purple jelly with what looks to be small and medium matte white hexagons. It also has either matte white or silver stars; I'm not 100% sure because the base actually covers them and makes them look light purple. The formula was pretty thick so I applied each coat nice and slow to get even coverage. I used 2 medium coats but luckily it didn't take too long to dry and it was pretty opaque after 2 coats. I did have to fish to get the stars out but it wasn't too difficult. Lots of shaking and turning the bottle upside down.



I lightly sponged Dollish Polish, Looking For My Mr. Big (a soft lavender holo) along the edges of my nails.


I sponged on the white milky ways using China Glaze, White On White. I tried to go around the stars so they would still be visible.


I used Milani 3D Holographic in Cyberspace (a baby blue holo) to sponge over a little of the white areas. ** A day after I did this I found out that Milani (& Jordana) may no longer be cruelty free. Check out THIS article for more information. Milani has made statements that the email was sent out in error but they have not shown complete transparency nor have they responded directly to all of the concerns of the cruelty free community. Seems as though they might be hiding some crucial information. We will wait to see how this shakes out but I will not be using or buying any Milani or Jordana products until they can provide good substantial answers that point to them being cruelty free.


I filled in the empty spaces by sponging on Jesse's Girl, Flirt, which is a dusty pink foil.


I added some white dots (using acrylic paint) with my smallest dotting tool.


I cleaned up using pure acetone since I was dealing with a glittery mess. Nothing worse than cleaning glitter or foil off of your skin.


I finished it off with 2 coats of In A Hurry



I absolutely love the way this turned out! I normally suck at nail art but I can really see my improvement in this challenge. I think the most important part is to do some test runs on nail swatch sticks and don't over-think it. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Life can be difficult to keep up with... But, I do enjoy your comments. If I don't respond to your comment just know I appreciate you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts...

Popular posts from this blog

Salon Perfect, Kaboom and Shocked.

China Glaze, Red Satin.

Review: Cover FX BB Gel, Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment.