Monday, May 18, 2015

Salon Perfect: The Manicure System Wear Test Results.

Reactions: 

Are you guys ready to see the results of my wear test? Then let's get on with it! You can see my original post here: Salon Perfect: The Manicure System Wear Test - Day 1.

Day 2 was pretty uneventful; I did some minor work on the computer, made a Coffee and Brown Sugar Body Scrub with Coconut Oil, and brewed some iced tea. I didn't see any wear on my nails.

Day 3 is a different story; I made Corned Beef & Cabbage in the Crock Pot so I spent a good amount of time prepping potatoes, carrots, and cabbage in the kitchen. My nails spent a considerable amount of time in water during prep and this is where my nail polish took a pretty big hit. As you can see there is considerable chipping. The oddest wear though is the chipping on my ring nail; this nail (along with my pinkie) is usually unaffected when it comes to chipping & wear. Very strange.

Everything went down hill from Day 3: more chipping & peeling occured on days 4 & 5. Not pretty. Especially since I didn't do a whole lot. Today I am doing some gardening and I imagine my nails will be 100% demolished by the time I am done.

After 7 full days of wear we have a pretty rough looking mani. Now, Salon Perfect doesn't make any claims as to how long a manicure will last using their system so I won't say this system doesn't work. Is it impressive? No. But it's right along the lines of other drugstore systems. It's inexpensive; I like the consistency and application. The top coat does give a real glossy shine. So take from this wear test what you will. I do want to try this system with a Salon Perfect polish so you can expect to see that soon.

So what are your thoughts and/or feelings after seeing the results of the wear test? Are you thinking of picking it up or have you already tried it?

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I get great wear time, sometimes I don't. It must be luck, whether the polishes all get along well, or I don't overdo it with water, etc...

    ReplyDelete

Life can be difficult to keep up with... But, I do enjoy your comments. If I don't respond to your comment just know I appreciate you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10