Jamberry Nail Wraps in Tennis for Penny's Birthday!

I know I've been slacking on my blog lately but that's life; it's complicated and really not anything worth mentioning so let's just focus on today. Shall we?

#PennyThePolishPickingPuppy turned 7 on May 21st. To celebrate I put one of her very favorite things on my nails; Tennis Balls. That's not all we did; we took a trip to Petco (Where The Pets Go) and had some fun checking out toys & treats. In addition to her hashtag on Instagram she also has a YouTube Channel. She sometimes picks my polish for me.

Jamberry Nail Wraps are fun but not very practical. They take some getting used to as far as application goes and they hold up even worse than nail polish (at least for me). There are 2 things I really dislike about them; 1) Filing off the free edge and 2) after a few days the cuticle end begins to loosen and when I wash my hair or even run my fingers through my hair, my hair gets caught in the wrap. It rips my hair out and feels really bizarre; like nails on a chalkboard to me. I applied a base coat of ACI's Gelous and allowed it to dry completely. I then applied the nail wraps per the instructions; you heat up the nail wrap for a few seconds (I used a hair dryer). I top coated all nails with In A Hurry and Gelous for durability. I removed these after 4 days because the peeling at the base of my nail was driving me batty.

This particular application went better than this one so that's a plus. I also love this Tennis design. But typically I only wear these once in a great while.

Have you tried Jamberry Nail Wraps? If so, what do you think about them? If not, are you interested in trying them?

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salon Perfect, Kaboom and Shocked.

China Glaze, Red Satin.

Review: Cover FX BB Gel, Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment.