China Glaze, Pool Party.

Check out this awesome red/orange neon my friend, Abbey, sent to me!

Sunlight.

It was super hard to get a good picture because it is so bright it freaked out my camera/phone.

Sunlight, again.

Pool Party is from the Poolside Collection which was released for the Summer of 2010. I've also got Kiwi Cool-Ada & Flip Flop Fantasy from this collection. Formula is a little on the sheer side and I did have some visible nail line but it wasn't enough to bother me. You can always use an opaque white base under neons but I honestly don't mind a little bit of VNL; especially when the formula self levels well (which this did). I used 2 coats for most nails but a few nails did require a 3rd coat, for some reason a few of them looked sheerer than the rest but that's probably due to my application. Consistency was on the thin and runny side but I didn't experience any pooling at the cuticle because I didn't load up my brush too much. The first coat was definitely too sheer and very uneven but the 2nd pretty much evened everything out. It dried to a satin matte finish so I used a coat of ACI's In A Hurry Quick Dry Top Coat.

On my ring nail I applied one coat (using the dabbing method) of Dance Legend, Rio 3; a mix of square neon glitters. A very fun topper. I've used this before in a mani but I wanted to add a little something and this was perfect. I actually did my toes in Pool Party too but put this glitter on top of all my toes. It's a neon party on my toes!


Indoors.

You can see just how bright this polish is in this last photo. 

How are you spending your last week of summer?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salon Perfect, Kaboom and Shocked.

China Glaze, Red Satin.

Review: Cover FX BB Gel, Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment.