Tips and Lips: Milani Enchanted Sapphire and Enchanted Amethyst.

Here's the next nail lacquer and lipstick I have to show you from Milani's Bedazzled Collection. Check out my first post HERE.

I was under the impression these were Walgreen's exclusives but I did see some on Milani's website.

Milani Color Statement Nail Lacquer in Enchanted Sapphire is a very dark blue creme. In the bottle it looks like a navy blue but on the nail this is a blue toned black. I'm not one to be crazy about basic black cremes but if you are a black polish feind you might want to grab this one. It's very very opaque. I used 2 coats but only because I am a perfectionist. If you are looking for a good navy blue stamping polish this would work well; used lightly it definitly looks navy blue. Formula was a little odd; it started out nice and easy to apply but it thickened up quickly so I added some thinner. With this polish I noticed the brush was a little coarse and left track marks in the finish as I was polishing. It also doesn't fan out on the nail. The polish self leveled though so it wasn't an issue in the end. However, these brushes are not as nice as the ones in their older line. I used one coat of In A Hurry Air Dry Top Coat. While I'm not crazy about the color it's quite fitting for October and I'm headed to The Queen Mary's Dark Harbor tonight.

I don't see any dupes in my stash for this color; everything else is clearly a blue and nowhere near as dark as Enchanted Sapphire.


1) Barielle, Tres Chic vs. Milani, Enchanted Sapphire. Tres Chic is the darkest blue creme I own and its still no where near as dark as Enchanted Sapphire.

2) e.l.f., Sea Escape vs. Milani, Enchanted Sapphire. Sea Escape is definitly a blackened blue but its full of blue micro shimmer that seems to glow from within.

3) Zoya, Raven vs. Milani, Enchanted Sapphire. Even Raven, a true black with very fine silver shimmer, isn't anything like Enchanted Sapphire. Here you can definitly see how Enchanted Sapphire pulls blue. 


Milani Enchanted Amethyst is a matte purple lipstick. In a nutshell it's gorgeous. This is my favorite of the 3. I forgot to mention in my first post that these smell like vanilla; it's divine. You could easily call this a Radiant Orchid shade. On my arm it looks more pink; leans more purple on my lips. It's also going around that this is a dupe for Mac's RiRi BoyI'm really into matte lippies because I find they are less likely to migrate and transfer. I have a ton of the matte Wet n Wild Megaslicks that I love to wear. I found this lippie to be just as nice (if not nicer) than the Megaslicks. These have a very light formula so it feels like there's nothing on your lips. I also find they apply nicely with a creamy texture; no issues with tugging but I do tend to press them to my lips and warm them up a few seconds. Cold lipstick never applies right. Not everyone digs matte lip color because they can be drying but I don't have that issue with them. I think these are great. 

Milani will be releasing a new line of matte lipsticks this holiday season so keep an eye open for them. Perhaps these will be re-released with the permanent line.

Lip swatch done with clear lip liner; no lip primer.

I'm crazy about this purple lip; what do you guys think of it?I

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salon Perfect, Kaboom and Shocked.

China Glaze, Red Satin.

Review: Cover FX BB Gel, Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment.